Financial Support for ages 19+
As an adult learner there is a lot of financial support available to help you return to study. Depending on your circumstances you may be entitled to free or reduced course fees. You will also be able to apply for support funds to help with travel, childcare and kit and uniform. As each person’s financial and family situation is different we recommend that you visit our specialist team at The Hub and book a confidential appointment so that we can maximise the support available to you and support you to be able to complete any online application forms required.
Did you know?
Many of our adult learners qualify for reduced fees. You may not have to pay any fees depending on your personal circumstances.
Depending on the course you choose, you may get Council Tax exemptions. Find out more about Council Tax exemptions.
Financial support for learners aged 19+
Adults starting an Entry Level to Level 3 course will be eligible to apply for a wide range of financial support including:
- UP to £500 support allowance*
- 90% of Term Time Childcare costs for 20+ year olds**
- FREE childcare if you are under 20 years old, for more information visit - www.gov.uk/care-to-learn.
- FREE essential kit and uniform
- Exam fee support (Dependant on benefit entitlement)
- Tuition fee support (discretionary basis - see Student Finance for more details)
- Council Tax support**
*Eligibility criteria applies. £500 example based on Full Time eligible student including Travel Support
**Eligibility criteria applies.
NOTE: All funds are dependent on attendance and progress on your course and all funds are limited. Please apply early.
Please contact Student Finance on 01254 292929 for full eligibility criteria.