Technical Hair and Beauty courses
If you want to become a hairdresser, beauty therapist or even own your own salon, our state-of-the-art commercial salons, industry trained tutors and excellent links with employers will provide you with the necessary learning experience you need to become successful in this field. Many of our students have gone on to own their own salons and you can even progress onto higher education following your studies. A vocational BTEC Hair and Beauty course is a great way of kickstarting your career.
Why Blackburn College?
- Work with leading brands including Dermalogica, NSI, Crazy Angel and many more.
- Trips to Hair and Beauty trade fairs across the North West to get a better insight into the industry.
- Industry links with salons, spas, cruise ships and the media.
- Master your craft in our purpose-built Hair and Beauty facilities and learn from highly qualified staff.
- Showcase your skills on real clients at Academy Hair & Beauty - our commercial salon - complete with hairdressing salons, spa facilities, nail room and beauty therapy studios.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Beauty Therapist
- Salon Manager
- Makeup Artist
- Nail Technician
- Spa/Holistic Therapist
- Media Make-Up Artist
Aged 16-18 News & Student Stories
Tracey Langford - Level 3 Professional Cookery
"I’ve been able to succeed and go farther than I e...