Higher Education Review of Blackburn College - Action Plan 2015
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) has confirmed the quality and standards of provision at Blackburn College following its review in 12-15 January 2015.
The QAA review team formed the following judgements about the higher education provision at Blackburn College.
- The maintenance of the academic standards of awards offered on behalf of its degree-awarding bodies and other awarding organisation meets UK expectations.
- The quality of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
The QAA review team identified the following features of good practice at Blackburn College.
- The College's responsiveness to employer views in the development of the curriculum (Expectation B1).
- The College's approach towards and commitment to diversity and inclusivity in the curriculum and in the wider student experience (Expectation B2).
- The range of scholarly and professional development activities undertaken by staff and the consequent enrichment of the student learning experience (Expectation B3).
- The development of students' employability in the curriculum and in teaching, learning and assessment, enabling students to gain real workplace experience (Expectation B4).
- The widespread integration of work-based learning through active and extensive collaboration with employer networks (Expectation B10).
University News & Student Stories
Amber Simpson - BA (Hons) Contemporary Fashion
Amber Simpson talks about BA (Hons) Contemporary F...
Emilie Cave – BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology (Couns...
Emilie Cave talks about studying BSc (Hons) Applie...
Student's work to be published in key academic jou...
BSc (Hons) Psychology (Counselling and Health) stu...