Student Engagement Team
Our role is to ensure that you are happy at UCBC and engaged successfully with your studies. We can help with a range of study skills topics, which are listed below, and also provide pastoral support, offering advice and techniques to cope with the common pressures associated with studying at higher education level.
We can help with a range of study skills topics, which are listed below.
Student Engagement Team offer advice on the following topics:
- Assignment writing at degree level
- Advice will be provided in relation to the structuring of assignments/reports and essays.
- Students will be informed about the tools that are available to enable them to effectively proof read their own work.
- Presentation skills:
- Guidance will be available on the use of e.g. Powerpoint and Prezi to develop visual presentations.
- Help with referencing
- Students will be provided with guidance hand-outs to refer to in relation to referencing.
- Organisational and team management skills
- Students will receive direction on systematic approaches to organisation.
- Assistance will be provided in relation to using diary systems to manage time and develop a study/life balance. General strategies will be presented to plan and make more effective use of time.
- Exam preparation:
- Covering top tips to prepare for and maximise the students’ performance in examinations. The focus will be on practical advice as well as dealing with emotional and psychological factors.
Meet the Student Engagement Team:
HE Student Engagement Co-ordinator
T: 01254 292895
HE Student Engagement Officer for School of Business, Law and Education
T: 01254 292144
M: 079712 752 98
HE Student Engagement Officer for the School of Health, Science and Technology
T: 01254 292829
M: 07961 298 531
HE Student Engagement Officer for the School of Art and Society
T: 01254 292465
M: 07960 062741