UCBC Student Success Fund
Does your course offer extra-curricular activities? Are there events that you want to attend? Do you often struggle to find the money to participate?
University Centre at Blackburn College (UCBC) is currently offering the 'Student Success Fund’. This fund has been set up to help support students succeed whilst studying at UCBC.
The Student Success Fund is a fund that students can apply to (via one or multiple applications) in order to receive a grant of up to £1000.
Students that have applied for funding in the past have been granted the funding for activities such as:
- Fashion students applied for funding to support them with Fashion Internships in America
- Construction students applied for funding to support them while they participated in a work placement with one of the leading Construction businesses in the industry.
- Other students have used the money to attend subject related conferences and events. Or used the funding to support them in gaining industry recognised qualifications.
The funding can also be used for:
- Trips/ Team Building activities
- Purchasing specialist equipment for your subject area
- Travel costs to and from work placements
- Activities to support your learning (e.g. conference attendance/mentoring opportunities etc.)
How to apply:
Applications for the Student Success Fund are currently closed. An application form along with eligibility criteria will be made available soon for the next round of applications for 18/19 entry.
University News & Student Stories
Amber Simpson - BA (Hons) Contemporary Fashion
Amber Simpson talks about BA (Hons) Contemporary F...
Emilie Cave – BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology (Couns...
Emilie Cave talks about studying BSc (Hons) Applie...
Student's work to be published in key academic jou...
BSc (Hons) Psychology (Counselling and Health) stu...